Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Submission to the Dirty Show - part 2

As the submission deadline gets closer, I'm spending a lot of time looking through the images I've taken over the last few months. They've changed significantly since I started. In the first sets, I wore a full-face mask, then switched down to a MardiGras type mask, then finally to no mask at all. Along with that, I switched through a variety of poses, from trying to look classy to trying to look feminine to trying to look butch and back around again.

I wish I had better equipment and better lighting - the pictures are good but leave a lot to be desired technically. But that's OK, I'm not a professional (yet!) and besides, I'm after a tone, a vibe, a feeling. And I think it comes through in some of them.

I've decided on a set of 4 pieces. This is one of them. It runs about 22 inches wide and 10  inches high. The images loose some quality when they're blown up that large, but I think I like that. It gives the whole thing an "amateur" look that I think I actually find appealing.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment